Thursday, February 26, 2009

“Sometimes we reach the boiling point before we realize that the stove is on. Become aware of your feelings - keep your eye on the stove.”
- Karen Dougherty


The amount of crazy going on inside my head these days...is unebelievable even to me...and it's my head and my crazy! Which is why I haven't been around in however many days.


I look backwards in life to learn from mistakes and sometimes to remember the lessons learned. I mostly find myself looking back, questioning whether or not there were 'red flags' that I missed, be it out of sheer stuipidity or my own ridiculous blinders. What I sometimes find...is that there weren't just 'red flags'...there were huge, flashing red neon signs. I think I may have said this before. What I'm trying to figure out now, is if there are 'red flags' and/or neon signs...are they in reference to others or are they trying to tell me that I'm the one that's not as ready as I thought I may have been for change. I have been trying to gather my thoughts for awhile now...well, however long since my last post. Still working on it. I don't know who confuses me more...other people...or me. lol.
Either way...this is me, trying to keep my eye on the stove.


I have been keeping up with my 365 days of grace though, writing them down at the end of each day and they've waited patiently to be posted.

So, here goes...


6 things for 2/17:
1) My Mom finally found an orthepedic surgeon to repair her torn rotator cuff. I cannot believe how long she has waited, enduring the pain.
2) Although the divorce papers are in hand(s)...neither my brother nor SIL have signed them yet...and I've heard they've been 'talking' an awful lot lately. I hope it works out for all involved.
C) New foster puppy Tessa's infection wasn't so bad that she had to be put down!
4) My niece, Petunia, made the National Honor Society.
5) My nephew,Qman, won a most important soccer game.


2/18:
1) I found a new candle scent that I can actually smell! I threw the dang box out though, so I don't know the name of it! lol.
2) Little Warrior's scans came back clean! Best news I've heard in '09 yet! YAY!
C) Strawberry Jello. I could taste it and whatever red dye is in it...I'm not allergic too!
4) My tax guy offered to do my taxes for free! (I'm hoping this isn't because he thinks I'm gonna owe again this year! lol.)
5) One of my friends found the movie "Michael" on DVD for me. I have been looking for this DVD for a long, long time!


2/19:
1) Daisy may be coming to FL with me for a little bit this summer.
2) Bonnie Hunts 'Courtroom TV word of the day'...cracks me to hell up!
C) Shrimp Scampi. Yummyfreakinyum!
4) Came across another dear, dear friend from the old days. Can't wait to catch up.
5) I got a non-allergenic pillow case and it really seems to make a difference!


2/20:
1) Foster Kitty, HunnyBunny, is finally coming out of her shell and socializing. This will make it much easier to find her a forever home.
2) Jeanne got to try her wedding dress on at her parents house after work...and although I didn't get beautiful/prompt cell phone pics...I'm beyond happy that she has finally found the love she has always deserved!
C) Wheel of Fortune...I watch it every day that I can...and I feel my Nana right beside me, watching it with me. I love that feeling.
4) Although I was very dismayed when the dogs chewed up my favorite "Cancer Sucks" winter cap...they spared my Iowa HAWKEYES cap!
5) I got to have a good, long conversation with TexasKelly, who I'm gonna have to start calling WisconsinKelly now. I miss being able to hang out with her...but love the security that we're always 'here' for eachother. Our brains and way of thinking were cut from the same mold in any/every aspect possible. Yes, that means she has the same brand of crazy!


2/21:
1) Matthew won his baseball game!
2) Nicholas got a base hit just for me!
C) Excedrin PM's really, really work!
4) Oh! I forgot this one from back in the beginning of February! Stump, a 10 year old Spaniel sussex won the Westminster Dog Show!
5) The new Pup-Peroni dog treat commercials, the ones with the dogs holding signs in their mouths. I.love.them! This is what made me remember that I didn't post about Stump.


2/22:
1) And another one I forgot about!!! Beth got a new car! I cannot think of another person that deserved this more than her! I hope it is just the beginning of many more blessed things to come for/to her!
2) Fresh Results Natural kitty litter. It's cheap at Wal-mart and works better than any litter I've ever used for all the kittys before. Seriously, this stuff rocks!
C) Heath Ledger won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. It was very well deserved...and I'm not just saying that because of the little heel click he does when jumping off the sidewalk, dressed in the nurses uniform.
4) Sean Penn's Oscar for Best Actor acceptance speech.
5) Dustin Lance Black's Oscar for Best Original Screenplay acceptance speech. I sincerely, hope that Sean and Dustin were, at the very least, able to open one pair of eyes and/or heart about what equal rights should really be.

2/23:
1) The Excedrin PM's work so well, that I haven't clenched my jaw while sleeping for three days now. This really, really helps cut down the never-ending pain that my rotten teeth cause.
2) I dream of Jeanne. Brings back memories.
C) Two of my friends that have been feuding for almost 2 years now, have finally started to find their way back to being friends again!
4) The Jack Bauer hour rocked. I have officially been sucked into the 24 black-hole.
5) Finally, finally, finally....some warm freakin' weather!

2/24:
1) One of the girls from my cancer group has been dancing with NED for her 5th offical year!
2) Ozwald is fitting in with the pack here splendidly. If I can't keep him, I am so very thankful that he can and will stay here.
C) One of my dear friends, that didn't actually start dating another friend but was spending a lot of time getting to know him...found out some not so good things about him and is wise enough to stop it before it got started. Speaking from experience, most women aren't so wise. She deserves the best and I'm glad she's holding out.
4) Foster puppy Count Basie got adopted!
5) I had a long, long hot bath!

2/25:
1) I got a surprise trouble sleeping/good night call from a very tired Nicholas!
2) I should apply for a job at the Psychic Network...or play the lottery I guess.
3) Spring has sprung...the frogs are chirping their beautiful songs non-stop. Yes, I know that they are really just calling for mates. That's another reason I love it and them! lol.
4) Three words: Thunderstorm. Good sleep.
5) Falling asleep while listening to the wind chimes!

2 comments:

Beth said...

What a most lovely update! I am so happy to read something with so many positive exclamation points!! :p

Yay for Grace!! Woo Woo!!

Here's to good sleep, grace and thunderstorms.


xoxo

Jeanne said...

WOMAN! I sent you a pic of me in my gown!!! Call me or text me your CORRECT cell phone number and I will send the darn thing again!!!

Also, if you happen to rescue a Siamese-boxer mix, I want it please.

LOVE YOU!