Friday, January 30, 2009

"Grace, go to bed. You obviously have had a very busy day of crazy."
- Will Truman, (Eric McCormack)Will & Grace




So, I was thinking about quotes having to do with grace. Some of you will know right where I'm going with this and the other two of you will, as you read on.


Anyhoo, I was originally going to use the following quote:
"We re all stumbling towards the light with varying degrees of grace at any given moment."
-Bo Lozoff


Because right now, it feels as if I'm stumbling (and at times, falling flat on my face!) with maybe...2 degrees of grace...and even that's high-balling it. So, I'm going to be a little selfish right now. I want more or at the very least, as much as I think I used to have.

Then I remembered the Will & Grace quote...specifically the part about "a busy day of crazy".
Although I obviously identify with both quotes, me being who I am, had to lead with the funny one.


Now, on to what the purpose of all this 'grace' talk is about.


























I first read about it at Lunasea's blog. I'm usually all about giving credit where credit is due...but I half-ass it when it comes to posting links. That being said, Lunasea's blog is in my sidebar...go there and you'll see the links to where she got it from.
Yes, Colleen...I'm using you. I bet ya feel all derty now, don'tcha?!?


Clearly, given the days since New Year's, I'm no good at all when it comes to being positive every single day.
Hence, I'm going to shoot for an unspecified amount of time each day...of being positive.

So I'm going to committ to this 365 days of grace in small things.
I am going to post 5 things every, single day.
These posts may or may not be accompanied by additional blogging and if I happen to miss a day for some unknown reason, I will post two lists as soon as humanly possible. When I say "miss a day", I mean due to illness, ice storms, etc. What I won't do...is not post because I don't feel like it or am having a negative day or whatever. No rinky-dink excuses...and if I ever try to, I want all four of you that still read my blog to virtually bitch-slap me. Kthanx.

In typical, complicated mybrandofcrazy fashion, listing 5 things every day isn't going to be easy. When I think about being grateful and thankful, I immediately go directly to the big things...like "I'm thankful and grateful that everyone I love and care about, is healthy". Here's where the crazy comes in: I'm gonna instinctively want this to be 1 of the 5 each time because I'm also a little on the superstitious side and if I list it once (and I have to, lol) than I feel like if and when I don't list it...something not-so-good will happen to one of them. I'm not talking in a catastrophic way necessarily, they could just stub their toe really, really bad. Yep. If that doesn't confirm I'm a kook, than I don't know what will.

So, in order to stick to the plan as close to 100% as I can, I'm going to list 6 things each day. I'm also going to go the same route as Lunasea. I'm going to list things I'm grateful for and/or things that bring/give me pleasure. I hear it takes 21 days to form a habit, be it a good or bad habit. And I'm the type of person that generally learns best via repitition, especially these days. Hence, I'm hoping this is a small step in the right direction, of getting my life back to where I want my life to be. I don't know, she explained all this much more eloquently than I ever could. Really, I urge you to go to her blog and read about it...it will make much more sense than I'm trying to make.

Without further ado...
The 6 things I'm grateful for or that bring me pleasure today:


1) That the whole Peanut Butter samaonella thing currently going on does not include actual jars of peanut butter. Peanut butter is one of the few things I can still taste and it would really stink if it was taken away, even if it would only be for a little while.

2) Neutrogena Facial Moisturizer. It's water-based and I detest greasy, oily based moisturizer.

C) Stephen Pinker. If it weren't for him and the brilliance he willingly shares with the world, the most amazing man I have ever known, might not be willing to buy my brand of crazy. I'm going to elaborate about this tomorrow if I can.

4) That Hunter puppy, the foster puppy here, that currently has a terrible case of pneumonia...is still alive and fighting and somehow knows I'm trying to help him when I shove my fingers down his throat in order to help him breath better.

5) Colleen...thank you so much for being the catalyst for me!

6) That all the people and animals that I love and care about...are healthy...or at least hopefully, on their way to being healthy again:)

2 comments:

jbgrinch said...

still here and looking in on you from time to time, Glad your still here

Lunasea said...

Being #5 on your list made me cry. Seriously.