Thursday, January 8, 2009

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”
-John Pierpont Morgan

So, it's a New Year and once again, I'm going to try this positive schmositive stuff.
As humans, I guess, it's just what we do.
Good days and bad days. Sometimes the days stretch into months.
And it's hard to see and remember that it's all about ebbing and flowing when you're deep into the bad days.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm over my little, pathetic pity party.
Yes, I'm aware of how pathetic I sounded and although I'm going to open the comments back up, I'd prefer no comments about the December posts if that's okay with you? Kthankyouverymuch.

I got my Christmas wish and then some.
No celebrating whatsoever.

I ended up in the hospital on Christmas Eve.
No immune system plus the nastiest flu bug I have ever had made for a holiday spent with doctors and nurses due to severe dehydration.

You ready for your first 2009 MyBrandOfCrazy funny moment?

I would have given both my arms for a toilet like this that night:
































But no, one toilet was it.
The funny part...well...I passed out and fell off the toilet. The Porcelain Goddess and I have been best friends for three years now, since chemo and all my meds mess with my stomach on a daily basis....but I can't say that that has ever happened before. Thank goodness I was able to wipe before hand! I woke up on the floor, wondering why my ass was so cold then kinda realized what had happened and that my jammie pants were still down around my ankles.
Then the fun really started when I began hallucinating.
This is when my generous hosts raced me to the hospital.

A couple days of IV fluids later...they sent me back home.
Where I slept for the next two days.

I was somewhat better by New Year's Eve but not well enough to celebrate. I set my phone alarm to wake up at midnight and sent out the obligatory "Happy New Year" texts. Then promptly fell back asleep. Watched the Rose Bowl Parade...loving that they don't air it at 6 or 7am anymore! And then proceeded to not watch one single, solitary football game. It was a good way to start the year.

Nothing too eventful since then.
May or may not be returning to Dubai this month, barring no major problems.
I would be beyond thrilled, of course, but I'm taking it one day at a time and remaining guarded.
We hate that we're both sane, responsible adults.
I wish that we could just throw the money at a plane ticket and screw whoever else wants money from us...but that's just not who we are. Even though it sucks sometimes.

My birthday is coming up. Inauguration Day. Yep, every 4 years I get birthday cards from my brothers. It will be the 15 anniversary of my 25th birthday. Doesn't that sound better than 40?? I think so.

I'm glad Obama won the Presidency. He may not be a Republican, but I'm betting if he's willing to protect us from our own government, he'll probably do well to protect us from other governments too. Do I think he's going to be able to do everything he promised while running? Nah, I'm no fool, but I'm guessing he will be one of the first Presidents in a long time to get pretty damn close. Sometimes I don't think he realizes how much his hands will be tied regarding certain matters and other times I think that the American people don't realize how much his hands will be tied regarding certain matters. Either way, it's going to be an interesting 2009 politically speaking and if I could be anyone other than myself...I would not want to be Obama.

Anyhoo...another new beginning.
I'm reading my 365 days of Taoism book again.
And I'm meditating again as well.
I grew away from both and attribute my poor attitude to that.
Going back and reading my archives from the BBM blog, I realized I'm not the same person I was then...and I like that person much better than the person I became in December...no...make that August.
If I ever see that girl again...it will be too soon.
And somebody slap me. Please.

Hope all is well with everyone.

**Edit** - Apparently, I lied. When I can figure out how to re-open the comments, I will. ;)

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad you're feeling better babe. I've missed you.

May 2009 bring you many blessings. :)

xoxo

Princess PinkLady said...

Happy New Year. Oh, and I've moved...http://inkedpinklady.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Emotionally speaking.
I hope you are on a plane before the end of the month.
I think Obama knows what he's facing. There's no way in hell to undo in 4 yrs, what was done in
8...

Glad you're back.

jbgrinch said...

good to have you back, I hope that you get to go back soon. with love and prayers