Friday, May 9, 2008

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction."
~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery


Have I mentioned lately, how much I love TheRammerHammer???
Yeah.
Damn I love this man.
I have never felt so loved.
I've never had anyone go to so much trouble to and for me.
I still can't help but feel like I'm going to wake up any minute now.
It still hasn't really, really, really hit me that by this time next week, this house will be empty and I won't see Daisy on a daily basis and I will be living half-way around the world.
Blows my freakin' mind.
I'm excited and scared and happy and sad and it's all exhausting.
I do believe I will sleep almost 18 hours straight again on the flight.
Yesterday, I went to say goodbye to my Vet and all the staff there.
Wasn't easy. I have trusted them without fail, for many years now. It won't be easy to find that again, I know. Even if I was only moving elsewhere in the states...
Most vets are out for money, not for the health of animals.
I also went to pick up my last prescription from my Primary doctor.
That wasn't easy either.
Once I was done with chemo, and the cancer center wasn't making $3000-$4000 a pop off of me anymore and they moved on to the next person...my Primary was the one that returned all my calls, got me in and didn't make me wait a week or more for an appointment when I was bad and answered any/all questions I had. I loved my Primary. She was my age, young at heart but knowledgeable about all things medical (of course!). She took into consideration what I used to d for a living once and trusted my knowledge when I wanted to experiment with new drugs or try something different. She became more than my doctor and became my friend.
I cried like a little girl when I got back to the car.
But we'll keep in touch via email...and hopefully she will come visit someday!

Now...back to TheRammerHammer...
He gets things done. And I'm definitely not used to that!
So...hopefully...if all goes well...and at this point, it looks as if things are going to go smoothly...Moby will fly out this Monday.
He and I will be flying to Chicago in the morning.
Then we will have a Mini-Knottie-Lunch-Meeting with Marikay.
Then I will put him on his International flight and he'll be on his way.
The Arab Airline only has to abide by what the temperature will be at lift off here in the states.
Which won't be over 85 degrees.
The reason they aren't concerned with the temperature over sea's...is because they expect the owner of the animal to be there to pick the animal up when the plane arrives. Hence, no need to worry about the animal being anywhere 'hot' for too long.
He'll still be arriving at night and TheRammerHammer will be there to welcome him.
Granted.
This is like anything else in life...I know there is a chance that he won't survive this trip.
He could get so stressed, that he doesn't make it.
I spoke with TheRammerHammer about this the other day and what I would like to take place if this scenario should happen.
I think I'm typing it now, because I need to see it in writing, to kind of prepare or something.
Not that I will be prepared.
I dunno.
What I do know is that our bond is a solid bond and if I were to leave Moby behind, odds are that he would stop eating, drop weight too quickly and go into kidney failure.
So whether he goes or stays, is a risk to his health and well-being.
I would much rather risk him going (and going quickly) and not making it, then to go without him and hear of him suffering and having to be put down.
It sucks either way.
But I'm banking on and hoping that he will sleep, and make the trip just fine.
I am going to slightly sedate him...just enough to take the edge of anxiety off hopefully.
And that's it. That's the last I'm going to speak of such negativity and not give any more thought or energy to it.
Although, I admit that I probably won't sleep until I know he's there safely.
Oy.

Next on the agenda:
This is what I spent 9 hours doing yesterday:




















Used to roughly take me 3-4 hours to make one but my hands are so bad, it took 9 freakin' hours.
The rescue is having a ten year Birthday Celebration a couple of days after I leave. D, one of my closest friends and who is also in the resuce, knows that I always make photo albums for weddings/baby showers and asked if I could make a guest book for people to sign the day of the celebration. We're expecting well over 500 people, having sent out over 1000 invitations to anyone/everyone that has ever adopted an animal from us. There are plenty of volunteers that will also be there, as well as local radio stations and news stations. We've got a huge BBQ planned, a Bouncy Room for kids, kid games, raffles with lot's of prizes, and several area businesses that will be there to donate for the sake of getting in on the free publicity.
C, the gal that started the rescue is currently going through a rough time with some family health issues and I figured I could make a guest book/photo album combo and once the event is over with, the rescue can put pictures from it behind the guestbook pages and present it to C.
It was 9 looooonnnngggg hours... but it was totally worth it.
It will be the last thing I officially get to do for the rescue here.
Sob.
And that I got to do it for C, was the icing on the cake.
C is an incredible, incredible woman.
I've often said that when I grow up, I wanna be just like her.
Plus...it forced me to sit down for 9 hours and not run around here, like a chicken with my head cut off.
No packing, no planning, no worrying.
It was a nice break.

That's it for now...back to the packing, planning and worrying. lol.
Hope everyone is well;)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Next week??
Next WEEK????
Oy!!

Lunasea said...

Oh, I hope it works out! I got so sad thinking Moby might not be able to go with you.

HeyItsBeej said...

"He and I will be flying to Chicago in the morning.
Then we will have a Mini-Knottie-Lunch-Meeting with Marikay."

1) HOORAY!!!
2) Very very very jealous that you get to hang with MK; but on the other hand,
3) HOORAY!!!

Marikay, take her to LOU'S!!

Sam said...

I am still going to make your template purdy, I am just having a no energy circling the drain kind of week/month/meh! I hope everything goes well with Moby's flight.