Monday, April 21, 2008

We can discover this meaning in life in three different ways: by doing a deed; by experiencing a value; and by suffering.
~ Victor Frankl

The experience:

It's been a busy, busy, sleepless week here at Casa Crazy.
SarahJaneThePain had her second child. Shorter labor than the last, but it was a tough one and Floyd ended up making his healthy appearance via a c-section. Mama and baby are doing just fine, thank goodness, and Daisy is a proud, proud Aunt.




















Next up...The deed:
Only me. I swear.
When they finally decided the c-section was going to happen, I knew I had an hour window of prep-time...which meant I could run home and let the pack out to potty. We hadn't been home in almost 12 hours, granted it was overnight, so they aren't used to pottying during that time anyway...but they are all on a serious wake-up-and-potty-first-thing-at-5am schedule. I thought for sure that since they were 3 hours past that point, that there might just be a mess or two to clean up, understandably so.
But nay...I have the best pack this side of the Mississippi.
It's like they knew there wouldn't be any time at all for that little scenario.
Because on the way home, I found this little girl (Ally) running around like a key-stone cop in the middle of an intersection, at the entrance to the highway.















Yep. As par the course, I was the idiot that demanded my ride slam on the brakes, so that I could dart into the middle of said intersection and hope like hell she was friendly and willing to accept some help.
She was.
She turned out to be an adorable, little Cockapoo.
I've never been around one, nor had the pleasure of seeing one up close and personal.
Seriously...the people that opted to combine these two breeds couldn't have come up with a better name than Cockapoo??
But ohhhhh...the long, curly, softest fur I've ever felt!
Since Casa Crazy was mess-free...this enabled me to quickly introduce her to each dog, which went smooth as new born babies butt (I had to go there, somewhere inside, I think you knew I would!)... because if I haven't said it already, I have the BEST PACK THIS SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI!
She had a collar but no tags.
WHY PEOPLE? WHHHHHYYYYYY???
A tag is $2.50 at most pet stores and it takes less than 10 minutes to make one...
So verily, I ask yet again...WHHHHHHHYYYYYY?
I was however, still hopeful of finding her rightful owners, as she had recently been trimmed and she didn't stink, hence she wasn't an outside only dog.
I didn't have time to worry about that though...so I left her playing with RolyPolyMoby and headed back for the hospital.
Later that afternoon, once home, I started calling the local vet offices in the city that I found her in, to give them a description of her and my phone number...first one I called, had a match for me of an owner that was calling around with her 'lost' information.
And as luck would have it, the owner actually lived about 4 minutes from me...so it was a short and sweet reunion and Daisy and I were finally off to la-la land after almost 30 hours of no sleep.

And finally, the sweet, sweet suffering:




















This is Luanne and although her story starts off awful rocky, it has a very happy ending.
We have caves around here...caves that trucking businesses love to inhabit because the cost of cooling and heating is essentially little to nothing, among other reasons.
This little stray girl, found a way into one section of the local caves and had a fun time of setting off the business alarms at all hours of the day and night.
Seeing as how, after the third false alarm, most cities begin charging a fee...the owners of the trucking companies decided to give a $500 bonus to the trucker that was able to able to hit and/or catch and kill her.
::::insert insulting vulgar name-calling here::::
At this point, a secretary, was able to get ahold of her and drove her to the nearest vet office, who inturn, called me.
I've had her for about 2 months now...a little love, we bonded right off the bat.
Yeah...she got adopted this past weekend.
A wonderful, wonderful family with two young girls that will brush her and give her more love than I could have ever hoped for.
Bittersweet, this rescuing business is...but I'd rather be in it, than the trucking business.
I'd surely be in jail for killing someone, if the circumstances were different!
Incidentally...the secretary's name was Luanne;)

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful mommy and babe!

Congrats!

Sam said...

BABY! *lust* Adorable and beautiful daughter you have there, of course!

Random Musings said...

Very cute.. Love the cockapoo and so glad you found its parents

Carlos said...

Hi Peg. I was wondering when you were going to surface again ;-) Nice to see you back!