Sunday, April 27, 2008

Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.
~ Rainer Marie Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet


I can only hope.
And I do, in a lot of ways.
And in other ways, I'm already 100% sure.
Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled and thankful and excited about going...it's just other things happening around here that I'm not understanding right now.
It's just hard.

This is what I have out in front of my house:















My house. It's weird that I won't be able to say those two words in the same sentence pretty soon. Anyhoo...yeah...it's killing me to walk past the empty garden everyday.
This is what it used to look like, right before winter:















No mulch to be seen. Just the way I like it.
No point in pouring money I don't have anyway, into sprucing it back up, only to leave in three weeks though.
The RammerHammer is probably going to think I'm crazy, but one of the first two boxes I have ready to be shipped to me contains a couple of planter pots, some potting soil and seeds. We'll have a balcony over there and a bare balcony just simply won't do. It will need some green and other asorted colored flowers. Seeing as how expenses will be tight for awhile...I'm coming prepared.
That's how I roll.

I'm going to miss these too:





























Yeah. I don't think enticing squirrels to our balcony will be an option, but perhaps a few birds will come and visit every now and again. Time will tell.
What sucks is that thanks to the present circumstances, I'm already missing these things.
Needless to say, I've been feeding them for seven years now, so there are some very confused birds and squirrels in my tree's. And I don't like to look out my front window anymore.

On another note of missing...but in a good way, these two boys went to their new forever home yesterday:



































They went together though thankfully. I love when that happens with siblings! They were the resident clowns here though, so I already miss their goofyness.

Still haven't found anyone to foster the infamous Ozwald until September. Fast approaching freak-out-mode.

That's it for today. Not very exciting huh. Sorry.
Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Bittersweet for sure.

When are you leaving? I would like to make it a point to get together before you leave.

I want to take you to lunch!!
Let me know!! Call me, email me, whatever, but get in touch with me, STAT!!

jbgrinch said...

It must be hard to see the critters go, I know that I still miss the ones I had to leave or that had to leave me.